Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Star of Blood



Star of Blood is the novel Silver Dollar Tabor wrote. Her writing career had started with poetry while she lived with her mother in Leadville. When she moved to Denver she got a job as a journalist at the Denver Post. Later she created her own newsletter, the Silver Dollar Gazette. She wrote songs as well. Lizzie, her mother, helped her publish them. She sent Star of Blood out to reviewers who agreed to read it based mostly on her last name. Silver's last name would prove to be both a door opener and a burden.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also have a copy of the Star of Blood - I am curious if yours has the same water damage as mine? I am told that my copy was in Baby Doe's belongings found and auctioned after her death. The water damage occured while she had her belongings in storge. I purchased mine 2 years ago from a collector who purchased it from the gentleman who bought it from the auction of Baby Doe's belongings.

Cheryl Diane Kidder said...

Hi, thanks for writing. No, the only version I have is within the Furman book "The Leaf in the Storm". Sounds like you have one of the original copies. I also saw one at the Colorado State Historical Society in Denver. They have a copy on file.